Search This Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2019

In The Studio - Postcards



Howdy friends!!
 
I’m back in the studio to share my latest fun project.
 

This one is super simple and I did it while sitting on the couch watching a movie!
  
 
Supplies needed:
 
Photos (I used standard 4”x6” prints)
White cardstock
Black pen
Double-stick tape
 

Y’all……this is me! 
 
always have a camera around my neck, in my car or within reach……ALWAYS!
 
I don’t care if I look like a tourist.  If I come across something that makes my heart skip a beat, I will take drastic measures to get the shot.
 

Truthfully, I’m surprised I haven’t been arrested yet. 
 
I have walked up to people’s front doors to ask them about something in their yard, trekked through fields to get up close with a longhorn, stopped in the middle of the street (with my flashers on, I might add!) to capture a beautiful sunset……it drives Jim CRAZY!! 
 
Anyway, I digress.

 
 
I knew I had a few prescriptions to pick up at CVS so I uploaded several photos online to have the prints ready when I got there.
 
Then I got home, turned on the movie and got to work!
 
Please tell me I’m not the only one on the planet who has to do something with their hands while they watch a movie.
 
Here’s my step-by-step process……
 
  • Using the double-stick tape, tape the photos onto the white cardstock.
  • Cut out the photos (photos + cardstock = postcard thickness)


  • Flip the postcards over and draw a vertical line down the center to separate the address from the message.
  • On the right side, draw horizontal lines for the address.
  • I added a square in the top right corner because I thought it would be cute.  It will later be covered with a stamp.


  • On the left, I added the photo title at the top and my website at the bottom.
 
Did y’all know that I have an Etsy shop dedicated strictly to my photography?!
 
Check it out……
 
 
 
I really love sending people mail.  It could be for any reason……thinking of you, happy birthday, I love you, blah blah blah. 
 
It’s so fun and the recipient gets a pick-me-up. 
 
To surprise Delanie this week, I sent her a postcard of a lighthouse in Duluth we visited when we first moved to Minnesota. 
 
That’s it, folks!  Happy crafting!!