Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2019

In The Studio - Easter cards

Welcome back to the studio friends!!!


I posted the inspiration behind these Easter chick cards on this post.

I just knew they would be perfect for Easter! 💜


Supplies:

White card stock
Colored card stock (optional)
Envelopes
Colored pencils
Pencil sharpener
Black fine tip sharpie pen

OK, y'all......check out these awesome plastic trays I found at IKEA a few months ago!

They have a lip on the edges that makes it super easy to keep all my supplies from falling off the edges.  (They even come in handy when dinner is a sit-in-front-of-the-tv-kind-of-night!! 😉)

Check them out here.  

You're welcome!!


STEP 1:  Using your colored pencils, color several ovals.


STEP 2:  Add the orange beak.


STEP 3:  Outline and embellish with your sharpie pen.


STEP 4:  Add wings, eyes and legs.


STEP 5:  Shade in some shadow.


Seriously cute and soooo easy!!!



These cards will be the perfect way to put a smile on a friend's face when they open the mail.

If my kids are lucky, they might even get a goody bag filled with Easter treats! 💙




And, I might have done a happy dance when I saw this notice in my Etsy shop this morning!

Now I'm off to the post office to mail this baby then back home to get to work on the Lazy Susans I've been dying to tackle!!

See you soon!!