Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Highlights - Week 15 of 52



Welcome back, friends!!


Good grief........that right there sums up my week perfectly!!


We have peaches!!!

Check out those cute little fuzzy things!! 💚


My plan for this peach tree is to
1) see if it lives until Fall and if it does, and
2) plant that sucker in the backyard.  

People tell me I have to have two to produce fruit - a male and female - but I'm not sure that's true.  This one is doing just fine on it's own.


Our backyard has astro turf installed (for our spoiled four-legged friend below) and I want to make sure the tree is going to make it before putting in the ground.  

Fingers crossed!!👊


Speaking of our four-legged friend......I don't think a cuter dog exists.  


"Ummm.....excuse me....Dad......can you PLEASE pay attention to me????" 

😀😀😀


Remember those windows I found in Frisco?  

I think I found some friends to keep it company on the liquor cabinet.  💛


Now that Spring is here and it's warm over lunch, I've been getting out of the office to explore.  

This church around the corner from my office has a beautiful little pond that's perfect to shut off the world and take a break.  


When the silence gets too loud, I'll turn on a Ted Talk.  

I watched one by movie producer JJ Abrams this week that is easily #1 on my list.  

Click HERE to check it out.  It's the best 18 minutes you'll spend today.



Another lunch hour was spent driving around Hall Park in Frisco.


They have really cool statues everywhere.   



 I wish I had longer to really study them.


Garrett and Maci spent the day at the air show this week.  Mother Nature was not coopering but our sweet Maci made the best of it.  


 Isn't she the cutest thing ever?! 💚


This year was the first year since 2008 that our family did not participate in the MS Walk.  

Charlene - my soul sister, my best friend, my biggest hero - has been fighting some really big battles lately.  

Dear Lord:  Please send her strength, endurance and patience as she fights this ugly disease.  



That's 👆 exactly what I think when I think of Charlene. 


Jim installed some outdoor lighting this week and it looks SO GOOD! 

I took this picture in the dark so it's not the greatest but you get the idea.  💜


Delanie and Hanna had a blast in Minnesota! 

You know it's a good trip when you don't come home with very many photos.  😉

Love my little adventurer!


This week has been a tough one at work. 

Bullies....
Bowing up to that bully...
Making up for time out for the migraine.....

All in all, I needed to channel my mama and her badass shoe collection. 

She always said a sassy pair of shoes could cure anything!

These bright new silver converse did the trick!


And finally......my motto for the week.  💜